Life and Injustice

I feel as I have gotten older I have been able to look at things differently then when I was younger. I don't get angry about things but ask questions and try to stop it.

When I was at the mall one time I was shopping with a friend and she was black. Before this day I never saw how people see someone by their skin color.

We were looking at different types of clothes and I started to see one of the people that worked at the story fallowing us around. After a little I started to make a game out of it to see if they were following us and they were. I turned to my friend and asked her "do you think we are being followed and she told me it happens all the time"

I was shocked!
She had never stolen anything in her life but because of what her skin they think she steals. At first it made me so mad but she told me it was better to just face the problem. She turned and asked the person in the story if she had a problem and if she wanted her to leave the story. The person stood there like a deer in the headlight. My friend then turned to me and said "see just face it head on and most of the time people don't have an answer for what they do"

Comments

  1. That's insane !! I can't believe that situations like that occur. If that ever happened to me it would make me not want to go shopping ever again, but big applause to her for standing up for herself and confronting the employee.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment