My youth lifetime


This was the mountain I learned to ski on, Shawnee Peek
I started Skiing when I was 3 years old and became part of a team when I was 6 years old. When I was 15 years old I started being a ski school teacher (this was my first really job) at Sunday River in Bethal, M.E. This was when I decide I wanted to work with children but still didn't know how I was going to do that.




But...........I didn't fully start to understand the 
word TEAM until I started playing field hockey in 4th grade all the way through college. The word team is a small word with a big meaning.


Sports were a big part of my youth involvement. Being part of different sports teams help me not just learn how to play a sport but help me get through hard times in life. The sports teams showed me how to work together in group settings and become strong leader. This has helped me look at myself as a person and do self check-ins.

My sports teams also helped me get through the death of both of my parents. The team was like a family so we were together on and off the field.  We went to each others house and always looked to each other when it came to getting homework done, to the day to day strangles that came about in our day to day lives.



When I was in middle school I joins an 4-H group that got me to explore outside of my home town, Fryeburg, M.E. Being in 4-H I learn how is was inported to give back to your community and how imported it was for a positive change. I got to meet many other youth in the state of N.H. and looked at the same interest that I had outside of school about Photograph and showing Steer/Oxenat fairs.


Comments

  1. I think that it is great that you had so many different youth experiences that impacted your life in such a positive way. I didn't think to write my blog the way you did, I couldn't think of any youth experiences I had like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I really related to the way you talked about your team and how they helped you through such a hard time. I don't know what I would've done without my swim team when I lost my dad. Not only does it teach you so much but they really do become family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment