Frame the youth in America

The article I am talking about is called Framing Youth 
by
the quotes are taken from her article


Each person is their own person and has different events that they go throw in life. People are not cookie cutters and neither are teens.


"“common sense” of American culture" (Bogad, 2012)

                          This was the first picture that came up when I typed common teen 







Who is the judge of common sense? Who makes up the rules of what a teen goes throw? We try to put people in grows and think we know what they are going throw. We don't ask the questions of how someone might be doing we just judge what that are or going to be doing. It is like when we look at a book and we think we know what it is all about but we really have no idea what went on....

“stripping away” the contexts of social, cultural, and material circumstances but they also reinscribe dominant ideas about which youth would be deemed “normal” and “good”- (Bogad, 2012)


 When I read this idea I think of someone losing something that is imported to them. Teens are related to be hanging-out at the mall. But when I was a teen I never really went to the mall for two reasons.
1. I didn't leave that close to a mall and it was not my idea of having fun with friends. 

2. I spent a lot of my time on the sports field or on Friday or on the weekends I would have games or practice. If I was not at practice I was working. 


I don't feel I was stripped away from anything I enjoyed what I did with my friends and family even if we were just at work. I don't feel that I lost a part of my teen life at all but at the same time my parents help support me in what ever I was doing in high school.
 My parents respected me and my space and I did the same with them. They had one rule and that I needed to be doing something. It could be anything from band, sports, work...ect. They wanted me to explore things that I loved doing.


Comments